300 Units, Former Firbeck Colliery
Outline planning application was granted for up to 300 dwellings and 3,716 sqm of employment space on the former Firbeck Colliery site in Costhorpe, near Worksop.
Spawforths were employed as town planners and project manager to secure planning permission from Bassetlaw District Council and deliver a major regeneration project for the area. The scheme required financial viability appraisals and positive measures to address contamination, ecological and highway matters to confirm the scheme potential to contribute to the redevelopment of the adjacent country park.
The application gained outline planning permission following a positive resolution from the Planning Committee and has subsequently also obtained the necessary Compulsory Purchase Order following a Public Inquiry and Expert Witness evidence from Spawforths.
Services Provided by Spawforths
- Affordable Housing
- Compulsory Purchase Order Advice
- Development Appraisals
- Development Plan Representations
- Development Strategies
- Environmental Assessments
- Planning Appeals - Written Representations, Hearings and Public Inquiries
- Planning Applications and Negotiations
- Planning Audits and Development Strategies
- Sustainability Appraisals
Interested in what we do at Spawforths?
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news and updates.