Associate Urban Designer, Land Promotion Team - Immediate Start
Due to our continuing success we are looking to recruit an experienced and creative Associate Urban Designer to join our growing multi-disciplinary Land Promotion team. This highly experienced and successful team, specialises in promoting land through the Local Plan process ranging from small sites through to large urban extensions and new settlements. We are currently promoting over 40,000 new homes and 25 million sq ft of employment floor space.
You will work alongside other urban designers, town planners, architects, and landscape architects on masterplans and regeneration projects of varied scale for both public and private sector clients, landowners and developers throughout the north of England, the north west and the midlands.
You will work as part of a creative team to deliver visions and advocacy documents, masterplans, development frameworks, regeneration strategies, detailed planning and design studies, and strategic engagement.
The right candidate will:-
- Preferably be dual qualified with a degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Town Planning with an additional qualification in Urban Design.
- Have substantial post qualification experience (10 years plus).
- Have a strong design background and excellent technical skills that enable you to communicate design ideas through a range of graphical styles and mediums including hand drawn graphics.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to tight deadlines.
- Have an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and backgrounds, including the design team, clients and external consultants.
- Have excellent project management skills and excellent ability to coordinate projects alongside colleagues and sub consultants.
- Have good decision making skills and pragmatism.
- Be an effective communicator with an ability to provide clear and concise reasoned advice to clients.
Other requirements include:-
- A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, CAD, Adobe Photoshop and Excel
- Experience in the residential and employment sectors is an advantage.
- Full UK driving license plus access to a car.
Please apply by email, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss matters beforehand please feel free to contact Dawn Jenkins on 01924 873873.
Applicants will be invited to interview on an ongoing basis.
Interested in what we do at Spawforths?
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news and updates.