SENIOR OR PRINCIPAL PLANNER
Due to a surge in our forward order book, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior / Principal chartered town planner with development management/control experience to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ post qualification experience, preferably in private practice, and enjoy working on a wide range of development management projects. They will have passion and experience for:-
- EITHER residential projects, working on various sized housing sites
- OR environmental assessments (we can train you on the job)
They will be able to demonstrate:-
- membership of the RTPI
- an ability to lead their own projects and also work as part of a team
- experience in the preparation, submission and management of a range of planning applications and appeals
- confidence managing clients and attending client and local authority meetings
- the ability to provide clear and concise reasoned advice to clients both orally and written
- time management and workload management skills
- confidence using Microsoft Word and Excel
- a full UK driving licence plus access to a car
The following experience would be great, but not essential:-
- business development
- speaking at public enquiry
- speaking at planning committee
- working in a commercial environment
In return we will:-
- induct you into our dynamic development management team
- assign one of our Senior Associates as your mentor
- provide you with a COVID secure office environment, your own dedicated workstation, safety screens, and proven health and safety systems
- provide free parking and access to local facilities at our offices in East Ardsley
- enable you to work from home one day per week (if you would like to)
- Please apply by email, sending a covering letter and CV to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants will be invited to interview on an ongoing basis.
- We run a two interview process at Spawforths. The first interview will be held on MS Teams. If this goes well, we will invite you back for a second interview in person.
- If you would like to discuss matters beforehand please feel free to contact Rachel Illsley on 01924 873873.
- Spawforths are an award-winning and innovative multidisciplinary team of town planners, architects, and master-planners who are passionate about quality place making.
- We have an excellent reputation for creating inspirational and deliverable development projects for both private and public sector clients throughout the north of England and the Midlands.
- We are the largest independent planning and masterplanning consultancy in Yorkshire and trusted advisors to many of the region’s most significant developers and house builders.
- We have worked with some of our key clients for over 25 years.
- We are currently undertaking over 250 live projects, with a combined development value of £12 billion, including over 40,000 houses and 25 million square feet of commercial floor space.
- We have been awarded the Quality Mark by IEMA for the high quality of our Environmental Assessment work.
- Spawforths are leaders in five year housing land supply, having pursued and won the lead appeal cases within Leeds, Rotherham and Doncaster.
- We have an award winning architecture team.
Interested in what we do at Spawforths?
Sign up to our email newsletter for the latest news and updates.